Skip the primary navigation if you do not want to read it as the next section.
Home contents insurance
We strongly advise you to take out home content insurance.
We offer a low cost, easy option scheme with Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance for our residents. Or you can arrange insurance through another scheme.
Payment with your rent
The cost is paid weekly. It can be paid with your rent/service charges. Leaseholders can pay quarterly by direct debit or annually in advance.
What is covered?
Most of your household goods and contents are insured when they are in your home. They are covered against loss or damage caused by specific events such as
- The loss of keys, freezer contents and your legal liability to the public are also insured
You need to include their replacement value in the proposal form. You can't get insurance for greenhouses and conservatories.
What is the lowest sum that can be insured?
£7 000 for residents and leaseholders over the age of 60.
£10 000 for all other tenants and leaseholders
Weekly payments start at £1.27 for under 60s and £0.77p for over 60s.
For details of payments call 020 7510 0597. For details on how to make a claim call 020 7510 0549
Tenants: For your convenience you can pay your insurance premium either weekly, fortnightly or monthly with your rent.
Leaseholders: You can pay your premiums quarterly, by direct debit or standing order or annually in advance by cheque.
To download a copy of the Home Contents Application Form and to view the Policy Booklet please click here
Keeping up the payments
- to ensure you are always covered you must keep all your payments up to date
- payments to your rent account will go first to rent, then to other charges and finally to insurance
- if you dont keep up payments it could affect your claim settlement and will lead to the cancellation of your insurance
Brief summary of cover
Loss or damage caused by
- fire, explosion, lightning, earthquake
- storm or flood
- riot, civil commotion, strikes, labour and political disturbances
- subsidence, landslip or ground heave of the site on which the building stands
- escape of water from or frost damage to
- fixed water or drainage installation (exc subsidence, landslip or ground heave)
- heating installation or any washing machine
- theft or attempted theft (excl theft from the open)
- impact to the building by road or rail vehicles
- breakage or collapse of radio or television aerials or fixed satellite dishes
- escape of oil from a fixed oil-fired heating installation
- falling trees or branches
- accidental breakage of mirrors, fixed glass in furniture, television and video recorders