Are you local to Poplar & Bow, with an interest in supporting us to empower our residents and create opportunities for the community?
We’re looking for skilled and passionate people who can help increase our impact and work with us to build a stronger organisation both now and in the future.
We have a number of positions available for new members across our Committees, including:
- The Services Committee, which provides assurance to our Board on the effectiveness of our services to residents (e.g. housing management, estate services, repairs and maintenance) and our Communities and Neighbourhood services.
- The Audit & Risk Committee, which provides assurance to our Board on the effectiveness of our system of audit (external and internal) and risk management.
- The Finance & General Purposes Committee, which provides assurance to our Board on the effectiveness of our financial systems and strategies, and monitors our budgeting, funding and asset management strategy.
We’re keen to hear from people who have a strong understanding of the local area, as well as experience in and/or knowledge of one or more of the following areas:
- Housing and service delivery
- Government and regulatory compliance, and auditing
- Treasury, finance and business planning
As well as offering an excellent opportunity to support your community, in return for your time and expertise we’ll cover travel expenses and the cost of training courses and events relevant to your role.
Please register your interest by the end of January 2022.Find out more and apply