Working Start – Childcare Programme
This Working Start Childcare Programme is offering unemployed residents of Tower Hamlets the opportunity to get ahead with an apprenticeship in childcare.
- 12 month paid placements
- Placements will be for 32 hours per week
- Positions pay the London living wage
- Participants will gain a recognised qualification in working with early years and primary children
Each applicant will undergo the Tower Hamlets Council recruitment and selection process. They will be supported through this by the WorkPath team. All successful candidates will be required to attend one day of paid mandatory training each week. Participants in the programme will be employed by the council and seconded to their placement providers.
- Resident of Tower Hamlets.
- Minimum GCSE grade C in English and Maths.
- An interest in working in the early years sector.
- A five year checkable history for DBS checks.
- Willing to study towards the recognised accredited qualification.
- Willing to work anywhere in the borough.
- Flexible approach to working hours – some nurseries are open from 7am to 7pm.
- Valid passport or British birth certificate.
- Non-EU passport holders will need to prove eligibility for benefits.
- Proof of address from within the last three months.
- Proof of National Insurance number.
- Up to date CV (If you don’t have one, the WorkPath team can help).
To register, please email WSCP@towerhamlets.gov.uk or call 020 7364 7125