Description of tasks
- To ‘meet and greet’ all those attending sessions, ensuring a welcoming atmosphere
- To research ideas and develop of art based activities
- To support individuals with their art work
- To keep registers up to date and support new users to complete the any paperwork
- To ensure that the room is set up and tidied away at the end of the session
- To familiarise yourself with activities and deal with enquiries or signpost as required.
- To support with publicity and promotion, this may include occasional outreach
- To be part of The Community Centre team and support with the practicalities of the session, for example, keeping the art cupboard tidy
- To help us maintain a warm, caring and safe environment
- To volunteer within Poplar HARCA policies and procedures
- To fulfil any other duties considered reasonable as directed by The Community Centre staff.
We are looking for a passionate, creative and committed volunteer who has a genuine interest in art and developing relationships with people. An interest in curating and photography, IT including social media would be an advantage. You will need good written and spoken English skills. On occasion you will be handling information of a personal nature and therefore awareness and understanding of the importance of confidentiality is vital.
We would like you to commit to this for at least 3 months, if you are able to volunteer for longer we believe you will have a much richer volunteering experience.
Ideally the sessions will be on a weekday afternoon, the time and date can be agreed with the Centre Lead.
What we can offer
- You will have a full induction followed by ongoing support
- You will have a named contact and opportunities for regular support sessions
- You will be prioritised for any relevant training we have on offer
- Volunteers who are unemployed will also be able to access support and training from our Employment and Training team
- You will receive agreed travel expenses and can claim lunch expenses if you volunteer for more than five hours a day
- Volunteer socials and trips
- We will provide you with an honest reference regardless of how long you are with us