Community Outreach Volunteer
Our community centres pride themselves on their understanding of community needs, however the pandemic has affected the way in which we interact with one another. This has made it difficult for us to gauge how beneficial our presence and service is for our residents.
As a Community Outreach Volunteer, you'll be conducting research on behalf of our centres which you will then feedback to our teams. This research will allow us to look at how we function as an organisation and what changes can be made to support growth of the community.
As a community outreach assistant you will assist in the following duties:
- Undertaking outreach duties around the estates by door knocking, leafletting, engaging with residents.
- Carrying out door to door surveys and providing residents with information as required.
- Engaging with parents at schools and being present at central locations on the estate to provide information or collect research.
- Keeping up to date with centre programming to gain knowledge of current activities and to provide correct information to residents.
- Informing and distributing information about centre services and to find out what residents would like to see at our centres.
- Distributing literature and other informative material to residents
- Maintaining accurate records of each visit on a log.
- Building relationships with our residents and helping form new partnerships.
You will be moving around different centres each week. A rota will be provided.