Covid-19 Support Volunteer – Essential Shopper
Residents require support with their basic essentials and we need your help!
In response to the latest Government advice to protect against coronavirus (COVID-19) we are changing how we deliver our services.
We may have residents who require our assistance and we are looking for volunteers to support this challenging time, should we face another lockdown.
Tower Hamlets, within HARCA Estates local to you
Description of tasks
- Collect money from resident (in envelope), shop and drop off
- Pick up and drop off food parcels from local providers to the resident
- Collect medication from local pharmacy and drop off
- Top up their metre key and drop off
Monday to Friday
1.5 hours per day, depending on request
- Walking distance to one of HARCA’s estates
- Knowledge and understanding of current pandemic
- Understand the needs of the local community
- Good people skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Open minded
What can we offer?
- Gloves and hand sanitizer
- We aim to provide a meaningful experience for you as a volunteer.
- You will recieve a basic induction
- You will have a named PH Contact
- We will provide you with an honest reference regardless of how long you are with us.
- We can promise a safe environment without discrimination and a supportive space to be in.
All volunteers will be required to complete an application form (below), attend an online induction and supply ID and proof address checks (online)
0797 686 4217
0207 510 0576