The Felix Project Kitchen Volunteer
The Felix Project is London's biggest food redistribution charity and the largest end-to-end food redistribution charity in Europe.
Their vision is a London where no one goes hungry and good food is never wasted.
The Felix Project has just launched a new warehouse and its first social kitchen in Poplar, East London to deliver good food to charities, schools, and holiday programmes across Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham and more.
Without volunteers, they can't operate. Join their team to fight hunger and food waste in East London.
This is the food preparation role, the main focus is preparing the required items needed for the meals. Food training is provided for this role.
- Assisting the chefs; chopping and peeling vegetables; washing vegetables
- Cleaning surfaces as you go
This role is our classic meal packing role The main task is packing all the delicious, nutritious meals made by the food prep team into containers. Food training is provided for this role.
- Work with our packing team to pack all meals into plastic containers with the appropriate labels Ensure the food looks delicious
- Cleaning up as you go
This role supports the operation within the Kitchen. Food training is provided for this role.
- Receiving and storing food items and deliveries
- Ensuring the fridges and food storage areas are kept clean
- To rotate stock and make use it is recorded on the system
- To help out the Kitchen Assistants and the food packers when necessary
Click below to volunteer on their website:Volunteer with The Felix Project