The live Zoom sessions will be during 3.30pm – 5.30pm, every Tuesday.
Staff will support you with the planning games for each session.
A schedule will be created – a month planned games in advance but can be altered as an when needed.
Volunteer can deliver games through using zoom screen share.
Games ideas that the children may be playing include: Hangman, quizzes, word bluff, scavenger hunt in the house, music bluff, music bingo, and freeze dance.
The volunteer must have a reliable internet source, access to Zoom, willingness to keep their camera on during the sessions and would preferably access the workshops through a laptop/desktop/ipad, as opposed to a phone.
You should have a positive attitude, show enthusiasm in your delivery, patient (we know zoom has its challenges!) and a friendly approach with the group.
What can we offer?
- We aim to provide a meaningful experience for you as a volunteer.
- A full induction, followed by ongoing support
- You will have a named PH Contact who will give you regular feedback, allowing you to track your progress and work towards meeting your particular goals
- We will provide you with an honest reference regardless of how long you are with us.
- We can promise a safe environment without discrimination and a supportive space to be in.
- A stimulating and friendly environment within which to volunteer
- Support into employment with our Employment & Training team who provide access to a wide range of training courses
- Priority for any further training we have on offer
- ‘Out of pocket’ travel expenses and lunch for those volunteering all day
- Opportunities to attend meetings and Invitations to volunteer social events
All volunteers are required to complete an application form, attend an informal interview and give two referee’s details. You may also be required to undertake a criminal record check which we will pay for. If successful your volunteer role will begin with a 1 month trial period.