The live Zoom sessions will be during office hours however if there is a good uptake it can be in the evenings and we can be flexible.
This is a virtual role, however the volunteer could come to the Hub each time to deliver or record the workshop.
Ideally we would like you to volunteer for at least 3 months but we believe that if you are available to volunteer for 6 months you will have a much richer volunteering experience.
We are looking for a passionate, creative and committed volunteer who has a genuine interest in art and developing relationships with people, with a background in Art and/or Fine Art.
You will need demonstrable art skills, good written and spoken English skills. On occasion you will be handling information of a personal nature and therefore awareness and understanding of the importance of confidentiality is vital.
Some proficiency in IT is required as workshops will be delivered via Zoom. Workshop will also be recorded for later publication on our online community platform and must be comfortable with their image being taken.
This opportunity is ideal for those studying art or experts in their field wishing to share skills and teaching.
This role suits a person who has a desire to develop their facilitation skills or seeking a new challenge and is self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic. You will be able to work as part of a wider team and bring experience of the delivery of creative arts activities.
We are looking for someone who can offer at least one two hour workshop per week. We are flexible with date and time when workshop can be delivered with at least 12 weeks commitment.
What can we offer?
- You will have a full induction followed by ongoing support
- You will have a named PH Contact and regular opportunities for volunteering review sessions
- You will be offered opportunities to attend training relevant to your role and to centre activity
- You will receive agreed travel expenses, and can claim lunch expenses if you volunteer for more than five hours a day
- We will provide you with an honest reference regardless of how long you are with us
- We are committed to provide a safe and supportive environment.
All volunteers are required to complete an application form, attend an informal interview and give two referee’s details. You may also be required to undertake a criminal record check which we will pay for. If successful your volunteer role will begin with a 1 month trial period.