Virtual Coding Workshop Facilitator
At Poplar HARCA we believe in supporting our resident’s wellbeing to improve their mental health and confidence in order to become more active members of our community.
We are surrounded with electronic devices each running uncountable numbers of software that run on code of some kind. Our modern world is also heavily reliant on the internet with workforces being required to be more and more computer literate with each passing year. Coding is a basic literacy in the digital age, and it is important for individuals to be able to work with and understand the technology around them.
Coding helps children with communication, creativity, maths, writing, and confidence. As part of our online community development we wish to deliver a series of creative up-skilling workshops over Zoom, which individuals can participate from their comfort of their home.
If you are creative, organised and have strong project management skills then this is the opportunity for you. You will be responsible for the overall planning and facilitation and delivery coding workshops to members of Poplar HARCA’s communities with various competency levels.
Description of tasks
- Develop participants understanding of coding terms and principles.
- Providing instruction in coding.
- To support individuals with their work.
- To be responsible for the planning and delivery
- Inform how the developer community and many different fields benefit from coding knowledge.
- Provide knowledge of how HTML and CSS function together to form the backbone of the web.
- Cover key coding terms and principles.
- Help develop a custom, working web page from scratch.
- Adhere to all Poplar HARCA policies and procedures.