Virtual Knitting/Crochet Workshop Facilitator
At Poplar HARCA we believe in supporting our resident’s wellbeing to improve their mental health and confidence in order to become more active members of our community.
Arts and Craft has positive effects on mental health, self-confidence and developing an individual personality. Learning to knit or crochet will help individuals feel less stressed, very creative and fantastically proud of their skills. As part of our online community development we wish to deliver a series of creative workshops over Zoom, which individuals can participate from their comfort of their home.
If you are creative, organised and have strong project management skills then this is the opportunity for you. You will be responsible for the overall planning and facilitation and delivery of a weekly knitting/crochet sessions.
You will help with that first step on someone’s knitting journey and every step of the way after that. The workshop is for those beginners in knitting, learning different techniques as well as darning.
Description of tasks
- Developing students’ knitting techniques.
- Providing instruction of different materials and tools.
- To research ideas and develop art based activities
- To support individuals with their work/ samples
- To be responsible for the planning and delivery
- Adhere to all Poplar HARCA policies and procedures.