- Be a passionate advocate for cycling, encouraging people of all ages and backgrounds to take part in cycling
- Undertake Ride Leader training
- Undertake First Aid training
- Undertake basic cycle maintenance training if you don’t already have this knowledge
- To help organise rides for women and families
- Familiarise yourself with routes and their risk assessments
- To lead and/or support rides
- All rides will have a ‘coffee break’ stop where riders can stop and enjoy a drink/snack
- Help gather feedback from centre users using surveys
- Support everyone to adhere to health and safety guidelines, especially those in line with COVID
- Be punctual and reliable if you volunteer to support a ride
- Volunteer adhering to Poplar HARCA’s policies and procedures
Hours: Ad hoc as rides are organised with adequate notice
Rides from Chrisp Street Community Cycles will be on Mondays and/or Fridays between 11am – 4pm.
Rides with Joy Riders are yet to be programmed but may include weekends and early evenings.
Commitment: Ideally ride leaders will support on one regular day per week.
Location: Chrisp Street Market
It’s likely that the women’s ride will be during the day time or early evening.
Family rides will take place at the weekend during the daytime.
- A stimulating and friendly environment within which to volunteer
- A full induction, followed by ongoing support
- Support into employment with our Employment & Training team who provide access to a wide range of training courses
- A named PH Contact who will give you regular feedback, allowing you to track your progress and work towards meeting your particular goals
- Priority for any further training we have on offer
- ‘Out of pocket’ travel expenses and lunch for those volunteering all day
- An honest character reference regardless of how long you are with us
- Opportunities to attend meetings and invitations to volunteer social events
All volunteers will be required to complete an application form, attend an informal interview and be able to supply details of two referees from whom we will seek character references.