How to: Claim your benefit

Welfare benefits can be complicated. We can help you fill in application forms, and offer basic advice.

Welfare reform and Universal Credit 

In 2013 the government began changing the benefits system. Several existing benefits are being replaced by a new one called Universal Credit. This will be paid in a single monthly installment. The changes are being made in stages, and you should be informed by your Jobcentreplus advisor when they will effect you. The current benefits that shall be replaced are:

  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit

If you need assistance in claiming for Unviersal Credit contact the Poplar HARCA Rents team by calling 0800 035 1991.

Benefits Calculator

If you would like to see what benefits you might be entitled to or how changes in work circumstances might affect you, use our benefits calculator to quickly calculate your benefits entitlements. 








Have your say


Thank you!

Your information has been successfully sent and we appreciate you contacting us. We'll be in touch soon.