Report antisocial behaviour

Antisocial behaviour (ASB) covers a wide range of unacceptable activity which causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to other people.

As your landlord, Poplar HARCA is well placed to deal with issues of ASB that you may need resolving.

What we will do about ASB:

  • Offer support and guidance to victims of anti-social behaviour, working with the police, local councils or community partners when necessary
  • Ask victims or witnesses of ASB for evidence, such as noise recordings, as part of our investigations
  • Keep you updated on the progress of your report

There are a number of solutions in order to remedy ASB complaints, some of which include:

  • Written warnings
  • Mediation
  • Acceptable Behaviour Agreements
  • Referring vulnerable perpetrators of ASB to support services who can help them control their behaviour

In some cases we need your support in obtaining a legal remedy, such as an injunction, against the perpetrator of ASB. If we decide this is the best course of action, you will be advised of this by your Victim and Witness Advocate and the court process will be explained.

If you have a have reported an ongoing problem of ASB, but you do not believe that it has been dealt with you can ask the Tower Hamlets Council Community Safety Partnership to review your complaints under the Community Trigger process.

The Community Trigger should only be used if no action has been taken as a result of repeat reporting to the council, police or Poplar HARCA.

You can find out more about the Community Trigger here.

Report ASB