Our award-winning placemaking team, Accents, conceives and delivers the social, economic, cultural and environmental aspects of our regeneration to make sure, working with local people, we grow places where communities thrive.
Working with many fantastic partners, from community groups to global institutions, Accents grows sustainably mixed and cohesive places, delivering millions of pounds of capital and social investment in Poplar through innovative thinking and doing.
This includes hundreds of events, new workspace and businesses, millions of pounds of positive publicity, energy savings and new technology, thousands of volunteer hours and ever more engaged employees.
The Accents approach is to maximise the value of space, community, business, place and people to Poplar and its community:
- Space: turning liabilities into assets
- Community: enabling people to define their futures
- Business: building identity and a stronger local economy
- Place: celebrating heritage and finding fresh opportunity in future change
- People: turning passions into projects