Value for Money
Creating Opportunity. Thinking long-term. Maximising impact.
Our Strategic Plan Creating Opportunity 2016-21 sets out our goals, confirms our vision and explains how we create opportunity
Our approach is as much about Value as it is about Money.
- Spending less: minimising cost; and
- Spending well: getting the best results; and
- Spending wisely: achieving what we said we would.
VfM is the responsibility of everyone in Poplar HARCA:
- Our Board sets our strategic direction, and monitors achievement.
- Our Committees monitor our strategy and performance:
- Our Audit and Risk Committee monitors corporate strategy, statutory and regulatory requirements, and best practice.
- Our Finance and General Purposes Committee monitors VfM results.
- Our Services Committee monitors operational performance.
- Our Joint Estate Panel and Youth Empowerment Board inform and influence the Board’s decisions.
- Our Estate Boards and Gatherings inform and influence local decisions
- The Regulator for Social Housing assesses Poplar HARCA’s compliance with its Regulatory Standards:
- Our residents are asked to assess our performance:
- We submit our services for peer-comparison through award submissions
- We publish a summary of our annual report to all residents:
- We publish an Annual Report and Consolidated Financial Statement:
- We publish an annual social value report:
- We publish an annual Place regeneration report:
We compare and improve service performance through benchmarking:
- Housing Expert
- Housing Partnership UK
- Tower Hamlets’ Benchmarking Club
- Tower Hamlets Housing Forum
- Vantage’s Peer Reporting
Stay in touch with what we’re up to:
Follow us on:
VfM or other suggestions? Email us.