Spotlight Outreach Support Volunteer
To volunteer as part of a small dedicated team who engage with the community to raise awareness about Spotlight. This is a role for passionate advocates of Spotlight’s ethos, goals and programme of activities.
Description of tasks
- To take the time to learn about and understand Spotlight in detail
- To assist staff in building relationships with other organisations
- To arrange dates and times to visit community groups around Tower Hamlets
- To consulting and gather feedback and recommendations from young people for service improvement purposes
- To travel around Tower Hamlets using public transport
- To give short and engaging talks about Spotlight with young people at lunch time periods at schools, colleges & Pupil Referral Units
- To give out publicity materials to prospective young people and their families
- To engage with and inform parents and carers with the aim to build a relationship of respect and trust.
- To be part of the Spotlight team and to promote our ethos within Spotlight and externally.
- To work within Spotlight’s policies and procedures.
- To fulfil any other duties considered reasonable as directed by your supervisor and the Youth Work team.