Smoke alarms save lives.
If you are a tenant and don’t have smoke alarms fitted inside your home, please contact us and we will fit wired-in alarms for you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We advise leaseholders to fit wired-in smoke alarms and to do so on each level of your property, if you live in a maisonette or a house.
- Test your smoke alarms regularly – press ‘test’ on your detector, push it in and hold. If the smoke detector is working, the alarm will sound, along with any other smoke detectors in your property that are linked to it
- Battery smoke alarms with a ten year battery life can be purchased from DIY and hardware shops
- The London Fire Brigade fit battery smoke alarms free of charge if you sign up for a home fire safety visit online
- Smoke alarms make a chirping noise if the battery is running out or if there is a fault
- Tenants can email us to get alarms fixed or replaced at email@example.com
- Leaseholders are responsible for maintaining and replacing their own smoke alarms.