This webpage contains information on support available to businesses in response to the pandemic.
Tower Hamlets Council
Tower Hamlets Council has lots of information and support for local business owners.
- Recover & Grow is a free, intensive programme for small to medium sized business owners looking to navigate the impact of Covid-19 and set a roadmap for the future. Find out if your business is eligible and apply here.
- The Restart Grant Scheme supports businesses that mostly rely on delivering in-person services for the general public in non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym businesses.
The Government is providing business support to employers and the self-employed. You may be eligible for loans, tax relief and cash grants.
Use their business support finder to see what support is available for you and your business.
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS): If you’re self-employed or a member of a partnership and have been impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19), you may be able to claim a grant.
- Recovery Loan Scheme – run by the British Business Bank, this scheme provides financial support to businesses as they recover and grow following the coronavirus pandemic. Open until 31st December 2021.
Check the Government’s website for more on financial support for businesses including:
- Deferring VAT and Income Tax payments
- A job retention scheme
- Grant funding for different types of businesses
- Business rates holidays
- Sick pay relief
- Business Interruption Loans
- Support for renters and landlords
- Lending facility from the Bank of England
Track and Trace posters
The Government is asking any business open to the public to support their ‘track and trace’ app by downloading a poster to be displayed at their entrance. Every business can produce their own unique poster online by filling out a simple form. Find out more.
Chrisp Street Market
The landlord for Chrisp Street business tenants is now Chrisp Street Developments Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Telford Homes.
Chrisp Street traders can download guidance on how to work safely by clicking on the link at the bottom of this webpage.
Who to contact
Your contacts about concerns are:
- Knight Frank (for payments and invoices)
Michaila Banks, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0191 594 5049
HM Revenue & Customs (HRMC)
HRMC has lots of information for businesses concerned about paying their tax due to coronavirus.
Telephone for help and advice: 0800 024 1222.
We also recommend talking to your accountant.
Mayor of London
- Pay It Forward – free crowdfunding platform where small businesses ask consumers to pay for goods and services in advance of being delivered, when restrictions are relaxed.
- London Business Hub – daily updates, free 1-2-1 support and more.
- Culture at Risk Office – support for freelancers, artists, creative workers and the self-employed.
- London Community Response Fund – with the Mayor of London and City Bridge Trust, London Funders has launches a new emergency fund for the voluntary sector.
- Allia Future Business Centre support programmes
- Arts Council (ACE) – find the latest on funding opportunities open for organisations and projects