This webpage contains information on support available to businesses in response to the pandemic.
Tower Hamlets Council
Tower Hamlets Council has lots of information and support for local business owners.
- Recover & Grow is a new, free, intensive programme for small to medium sized business owners looking to navigate the impact of Covid-19 and set a roadmap for the future. Applications need to be submitted by 31 January 2021 to confirm your eligibility. Find more information and apply here.
- The Council regularly update their website with information about Covid-19 business support grants including Local Restrictions Support Grants and Additional Restrictions Grants. Read more and apply
- Tower Hamlets Council and Enterprise Nation have launched the Pivot Project which is offering £1,000 grants and support to help small businesses in Tower Hamlets survive and thrive.
The Government is providing business support to employers and the self-employed. You may be eligible for loans, tax relief and cash grants.
Use their business support finder to see what support is available for you and your business.
Check the Government’s website for more on financial support for businesses including:
- Deferring VAT and Income Tax payments
- A job retention scheme
- Grant funding for different types of businesses
- Business rates holidays
- Sick pay relief
- Business Interruption Loans
- Support for renters and landlords
- Lending facility from the Bank of England
Track and Trace posters
The Government is asking any business open to the public to support a new ‘track and trace’ app by downloading a poster to be displayed at their entrance. Every business can produce their own unique poster online by filling out a simple form. Find out more.
Chrisp Street Market
The landlord for Chrisp Street business tenants is now Chrisp Street Developments Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Telford Homes.
Chrisp Street traders can download guidance on how to work safely here.
Who to contact
Your contacts about concerns are:
- Knight Frank (for payments and invoices)
Michaila Banks, email@example.com or 0191 594 5049
- Telford Homes
Simon Carroll, firstname.lastname@example.org
HM Revenue & Customs (HRMC)
HRMC has lots of information for businesses concerned about paying their tax due to coronavirus.
Telephone for help and advice: 0800 024 1222.
We also recommend talking to your accountant.
Mayor of London
- Pay It Forward – free crowdfunding platform where small businesses ask consumers to pay for goods and services in advance of being delivered, when restrictions are relaxed.
- London Growth Hub – daily updates, free 1-2-1 support and more.
- Culture at Risk Office – support for freelancers, artists, creative workers and the self-employed.
- London Funders – with the Mayor of London and City Bridge Trust, London Funders has launches a new emergency fund for the voluntary sector.
- Allia – Building Resilient Businesses’ programme is for businesses operating or creating opportunities in east London and about managing the effects of COVID-19.
- Arts Council (ACE) – has made £160m of emergency funding available for organisations and projects.
- Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) Emergency Fund – business support for smaller charities affected by Covid-19.