The Brownfield estate has been transformed with new and refurbished homes, a new community centre, pocket parks and award-winning landscaping.
Features of the scheme include:
- 79 new homes: All affordable, including 22 shared ownership.
- More than 650 refurbished homes: Including Grade II listed Carradale House.
- Green spaces: 3 new pocket parks, children’s play areas, sports facilities, trees and flowerbeds, and seating areas.
- Decent Home Standard: £40m spent bringing homes up to Decent Home Standard.
- Award-winning landscaping: Winner of the Hard Landscaping over £1.5m category in the 2015 BALI National Landscape Awards.
- Community Centre: New community centre, The Cabin.
32 new low-rise affordable homes on Brownfield Street, Ida Street and Follett Street. 25 new low-rise affordable homes by Langdon House.
A new high-rise tower built on the site of the previous Willis Street car park. Poplar HARCA purchased 22 shared ownership homes from Telford Homes.
Internal and external refurbishment to more than 650 homes, including:
- Langdon House
- St Leonards Road
- Adderley Street
- Willis Street
- Brownfield Street
- Ida Street
- Carradale House
Refurbishment works were undertaken at Carradale House, an iconic brutalist Grade II listed tower designed by Erno Goldfinger. As part of the stock transfer Offer from Tower Hamlets Council, Poplar HARCA promised to renovate the building internally and externally. Kitchens and bathrooms were brought up to Decent Home Standard and improvements were made to the roof, boiler, insulation, cladding and external decoration.