With EcoWorld London, we’re building more than 1,000 new homes and creating a place that ‘feels like a village’ on the Aberfeldy Estate.
We’ve listened to what the established community here wants for the non-residential areas and their community: a friendly, welcoming place for everyone which is clean, safe and secure. This feedback has played a key part in shaping the buildings and places Aberfeldy Village will provide.
- Over 1,000 new homes: A mix of social rent, shared ownership, private sale and private rent.
- Health centre: An upgraded health centre – expected to open in 2021.
- Faith centre: A new faith centre for prayer and reflection.
- Aberfeldy Meanwhile scheme: Before new retail space can be built, Aberfeldy Street has been given an eye-catching makeover with new shop-fronts, lighting and street art through the Start Here programme. New and existing businesses are also being supported with rent-free periods, grant opportunities and business support to make sure the street remains a vibrant community, social and commerical hub.
- Retail spaces: The new retail outlets on Aberfeldy Street will eventually include a new grocery store, café, pharmacy and more.
- Community centre: The new centre will be approximately double the size of the planning consent requirement – expected to open in 2022.
- Green spaces: Courtyards, a linear park creating East India Green, seating areas, trees, plants and water features.
- Gym: For all Aberfeldy residents.
- Energy efficient: The development’s heating and hot water is provided by a centrally located, on-site energy centre.
Works began on site in 2012, and are taking place over six phases. By the end of Phase 3, which is due for completion in 2022, we will have built more than 900 new homes: 165 social rent, 17 shared ownership, 561 private sale and 158 private rent – as well as new green spaces, health and community facilities.
We are currently consulting the community about the potential expansion of the development area in Aberfeldy West. Subject to the outcome of those consultations and to obtaining planning consent, it is hoped that the next phase of works can start on site in late 2022/early 2023.Aberfeldy MeanwhileAberfeldy WestITV News report on Aberfeldy Street