During the coronavirus pandemic, we are only carrying out essential repairs:
|Essential repairs||Non-essential repairs|
We are not logging or booking non-essential repairs at the moment. If in a month’s time the repair is still needed, please contact us for advice. Communal and estate works will continue as usual because there is no risk of close contact between people.
For essential repairs, please call us on 0800 035 1991.
Repairs in your home
Our contractors are continuing to carry out essential repairs. They are taking extra safety measures to help keep you and themselves healthy while they work in your home.
- They will wash their hands when they arrive and before they leave your property
- They may wear masks, gloves and use hand sanitiser
- They may use an antibacterial cleaning solution or wipes on surfaces in the area they are working in
In line with Government advice, please keep your distance while they are working. If possible elderly, pregnant or vulnerable residents should stay in a different room or keep at least 2 metres away.
Our contractors also have steps in place to help people in isolation as much as possible, for example, they can drop off temporary heating equipment with no contact.
We have a legal responsibility for gas safety in our tenanted homes. This means we must:
- Repair and maintain gas pipework, flues and appliances in safe condition
- Ensure an annual gas safety check on each appliance and flue
- Keep a record of each safety check
Gas safety is so important, we are continuing to carry out annual safety checks during lockdown.
- They wear full PPE
- They carry disinfecting wipes, and will clean the area after the service
- They will stay 2 metres away from anyone in the property
Below are some useful how-to videos and resources so that you can carry out basic repairs jobs at home in the meantime, without having to book an appointment or wait for an engineer.
Gas, boilers and heating
Electrical and lighting
- How to change a 2D lightbulb
- How to change a fluorescent light fitting
- How to fix an electricity fuse box that has tripped
Water and condensation
Kitchen and bathroom
- How to unclog a sink
- How to prevent a blocked sink
- How to reseal a bath, shower or sink
- How to fix a dripping tap
- How to repair a leak under the sink
Below are some useful FAQs regarding our services.Covid-19 services and supportCovid-19 business tenants