Information about repairs, and some useful resources.
From 19th July 2021, Poplar HARCA is carrying out emergency and non-emergency repairs.
Report a repair
Priority for repairs is assessed according to the seriousness of the repair that has been reported.
|Emergencies (respond within 4 hours)||Non-emergencies (respond within 14 days)|
|Repairs needed to safeguard safety or the structure of the building, including:
||Repairs that do not pose an immediate threat to people or the building, including:
Report emergencies by calling us on 0800 035 1991.
Report non-emergencies by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Repairs in your home
Our contractors are taking extra safety measures to help keep you and themselves healthy while they work in your home.
- They will wash their hands when they arrive and before they leave your property
- They may wear masks, gloves and use hand sanitiser
- They may use an antibacterial cleaning solution or wipes on surfaces in the area they are working in
Our staff are only working if they’re fit and healthy, and we’re asking you to confirm the same before letting repairs staff into your home.
In line with Government advice, please keep your distance while they are working. If possible elderly, pregnant or vulnerable residents should stay in a different room or keep at least 2 metres away.
Our contractors also have steps in place to help people in isolation as much as possible, for example, they can drop off temporary heating equipment with no contact.
We have a legal responsibility for gas safety in our tenanted homes. This means we must:
- Repair and maintain gas pipework, flues and appliances in safe condition
- Ensure an annual gas safety check on each appliance and flue
- Keep a record of each safety check
Gas safety is so important, we are continuing to carry out annual safety checks during lockdown.
- They wear full PPE
- They carry disinfecting wipes, and will clean the area after the service
- They will stay 2 metres away from anyone in the property
We have put together some how-to videos and useful resources so that you can carry out basic repairs jobs at home in the meantime, without having to book an appointment or wait for an engineer.Covid-19 services and supportCovid-19 business tenants How-to repairs videos & useful resources