New Customer Care Policy
In July 2020, the Housing Ombudsman Service (HOS) published a new Complaint Handling Code.
- The new code set out good practice for landlords to respond to complaints effectively and fairly. We took this opportunity to review our Customer Care Policy.
- We implemented the following service improvements:
- Published an updated Customer Care Policy in line with the HOS’s recommendations, featuring a new definition of a complaint.
- Implemented a ‘Complaints Champions’ in each department, a dedicated team to deal with complex cases, and regular meetings with Heads of Services to review cases and put improvement plans in place.
- Worked one-to-one with managers to ensure our customer care culture is embedded into teams’ practices.
- Clearer promotion of our policy for staff through regular training and updates.
- More active and transparent communication with residents, including a more detailed webpage.
- Call residents when we receive a complaint to understand their issue.
- Reassessed our approach to compensation to ensure consistency.
- Collated views from residents and key stakeholders to implement a 360 degree feedback system.
As a result of the above changes, we are resolving issues more locally by communicating with residents more effectively.Housing Ombudsman Service websiteHOS Complaint Handling Code