Spotlight Youth Support Volunteer
Spotlight is a creative youth service designed to inspire. Shaped by young people, for young people and its all free!
Spotlight has state of the art studios, film, design and broadcast facilities with performance, dance, boxing, fashion spaces with a cafe, offices and meeting/one to one rooms.
To volunteer as part of a team of youth workers supporting the provision of inspiring opportunities for young people using Spotlight.
Description of tasks:
- To support the Youth Work team and our Partners with the overall running of sessions at Spotlight and maintaining a fun, welcoming, caring and safe environment
- To make sure young people find their way to the right places within Spotlight
- To supervise spaces, ensuring the furnishings and equipment are used appropriately
- To engage with young people attending Spotlight, building relationships of respect and trust
- To share important information about young people using Spotlight with the Youth Work team and to assist with signposting young people to appropriate agencies and services depending on their particular issues.
- To assist with dispersing young people safely and quietly from Spotlight.
- To be part of the Spotlight team and to promote our ethos within Spotlight and externally
- To maintain a professional, safe and non-judgemental environment for the young people attending Spotlight and to report any accidents or incidents to the Youth Work team
- To fulfil any other duties considered reasonable as directed by the Youth Work team.
Description of tasks: Programme Youth Support (in addition to the tasks above)
- To arrive up to 30 minutes prior to the star of the session in order to assist with set up and to encourage young people in the games room and café to join the activity
- To assist with engaging young people in the session, providing support to those who need it
- To build a good relationship with the lead tutor
- To assist with the take down and clean-up of the activity
- To feedback to the youth workers on any successes and areas for development from the session