The Hidden Homes scheme has transformed unused spaces into 17 new homes in Poplar, over three phases.
Completed in September 2016, Phase 1 provided 6 new homes:
- 2 new homes created from redundant water tank rooms at Prioress House.
- 2 new homes created from a redundant boiler room and oil tank room from the old communal heating system at Hind Grove. A new base for Poplar HARCA’s Estate Services teams was also created.
- A new home created from an empty Estates Services base at Maydwell House.
- A new home created from empty storage sheds at Birchdown House.
Completed in April 2019, Phase 2 provided 7 new affordable homes, and re-homed 4 overcrowded families:
- 6 new homes formed from a redundant NHS Clinic and Dental Suite.
- A new home formed in the redundant store at Busbridge House.
Completed in January 2021, Phase 3 converted 16 redundant garages into 4 new affordable homes at Mollis House.