Poplar Cycles is a community cycling programme with something for everyone. Check out the sessions below, and get in touch to join in.
- Adults’ cycling session for any ability – beginners welcome. Sessions supported by a cycling instructor from Bikeworks. Every Wednesday starting at The Hive, E14 0EA.
- Tackling loneliness and isolation, using an electric-assist 4 person cycle Bikeworks pick up three residents from their homes and take them cycling for 1.5 hours. An opportunity to chat, get some fresh air and have fun. Residents can pedal along with the driver or sit back and relax.
Cycle into Work
- 3 month programme for people with disabilities, mental health and long-term health conditions to achieve a City & Guilds qualification, and valuable work experience at a Bikeworks Cycling Club.
- Opportunity to promote cycling within Poplar, supporting and encouraging our residents to give cycling a try. Volunteering alongside staff to expand our cycling scheme, with the aim of making cycling more accessible, fun and safe for residents.
Under 11s BMX
- Sessions for children aged 5 – 11, led by qualified and experienced instructors at Langdon Park BMX track. All equipment provided. Sessions starting soon, get in touch to reserve your space.
Women only BMX exercise
- You do not need to any BMX experience to join this session but you will be able to ride an ordinary bike. Equipment provided, this is not BMX racing! It is a relaxed and fun session to exercise and meet other people. Taster session starting soon, get in touch to reserve your space.
Level 2 Cycle Instructor course
- Opportunity for one person from the local area (E3, E14) to attend a Level 2 Cycle Instructor course. Upon completion there will be the opportunity for a small amount of paid employment working with Poplar HARCA staff to offer cycling instruction and to lead cycling trips around the local area.
- You must be an experienced cyclist, competent and comfortable riding in busy urban traffic
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be able to communicate in English
- You must have access to a computer to complete the online e-portfolio tasks
- Saturday 19th, Sunday 20th and Saturday 26th, Sunday 27th September
- OR Saturday 24th September, Sunday 25th September and Saturday 31st September, Sunday 1st October/November
Get in touch to sign up
- Email Community.Centres@poplarharca.co.uk
- Call Mo on 0207 538 7548